REEP’s Mission: To empower the community with the practical tools, knowledge and capacity for action to make sustainable living the norm.
Objective of Position:
In support of REEP’s mission, the volunteer Project Development and Funding Coordinator will help to move project ideas to funded initiatives. Working with REEP’s managers, the Coordinator will track and identify funding opportunities that align with REEP’s mission and current or future program ideas, and prepare or assist managers in preparing proposals to obtain that funding. The Coordinator will also assist in the development of program ideas, through research and brainstorming with managers.
Reporting to: Mary Jane Patterson, Executive Director
· Develop a keen understanding of REEP’s programs and the directions they are going in, i.e. future development and new project ideas;
· Create and maintain a list of project ideas and programs in development;
· Participate in program development by researching program concepts as requested;
· Receive, assess and track incoming funding possibilities via government and foundation grants in an organized inventory of funding opportunities, deadlines and next steps for investigation.
· Present funding possibilities and recommendations to the teams, and participate in matching of funding opportunities to program ideas;
· Liaise with funding organizations to keep us up to date on parameters, deadlines, etc.
· Take leadership on writing some proposals and support project teams in developing grant applications;
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong work organization and project management skills
- Independent worker
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
Skills we can help build in the Coordinator:
- Navigating the world of grants and proposal writing
- Experience working in a non-profit, as part of a team
- Reporting, leading meetings
- Learn about home energy efficiency, water conservation, waste reduction and stormwater protection
- Some health and safety training related to the office work environment
- Opportunity to attend REEP workshops on sustainable living.
Interested applicants please forward
- cover letter/email explaining why you are interested in this position &
- resume/summary of applicable skills and work experience
to Samantha Tremmel via email at email@example.com.